Coaching For a Better Workplace: Building Capacity in Others
CAD $1995.00 + HST=$2254.35
École secondaire du Sacré-Cœur, Sudbury
- Failing to get the best from your employees?
- Experiencing problems giving feedback, especially when it is negative?
- Looking for better ways to coach and mentor people effectively?
- Feeling uncomfortable having difficult conversations about employee performance?
- Hitting a wall with problem employees?
- Getting pushback when trying to motivate underperforming employees?
- Facing conflicts within your team that need to be handled better?
- Having to help others deal with conflict?
- Having difficulty managing strong emotions in your coaching conversations?
- Your employees to reach their maximum potential?
- Your staff to be more accountable?
- Employees to make their own decisions, take action and resolve their own disputes?
- To build greater capacity within your team?
- Your feedback to actually effect change?
- To learn a better way to motivate your employees to enhance performance?
- To add coaching skills to your mediation skill set?
At this University of Windsor Law School Certificate workshop on Coaching for a Better Workplace: Building Capacity in Others, you will learn techniques and strategies that will allow you to excel at coaching others about workplace issues. You will learn the Progress Model of coaching and see how it applies to performance issues, conflict coaching, performance management and other coaching issues. You will observe and discuss videos of coaching sessions, practise the model, and engage in practical and interactive discussions. You will be given opportunities to develop and enhance your coaching skills in a variety of contexts so that the new techniques and approaches can become second nature.
This workshop is part of the NEW Advanced Certificate in Workplace Coaching. In order to complete this Certificate, you must complete the following: Coaching For a Better Workplace Workshop, Dealing With Difficult People Workshop, Online Negotiation Course, Online Difficult Conversations Course, and one of the following: Alternative Dispute Resolution Workshop, Become a Powerful Negotiator Workshop, and the NEW Coaching Practicum.
Managers, team leaders, human resource professionals, consultants, lawyers, union representatives, educators, counsellors, ombuds personnel, mediators, coaching professionals and others will all benefit from this workshop.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to improve their ability to coach others to:
- improve performance,
- deal with conflicts,
- make effective decisions; or
- reach their maximum potential.
In this workshop, you will learn to:
- Apply the practical seven step Progress Model of coaching to a variety of situations;
- Use coaching to improve individual and overall organizational effectiveness;
- Get the most from your people by building on their potential;
- Refine the critical competencies required by an effective coach;
- Have more effective coaching conversations;
- Ask good questions that develop deeper understanding and critical thinking skills;
- Create a concrete action plan;
- Use a variety of coaching tools and techniques appropriate to the person and issue;
- Analyze options with clients and encourage the selection of durable options;
- Get even the most challenging individuals to buy into the coaching/mentoring process;
- Keep the client on track and follow through so that doable plans are implemented;
- Develop the client’s ability to self-manage decision making, action planning and implementation for continued growth and development.
Coaching skills we develop in this workshop include:
- Identifying a client's goals and concerns
- Active listening/deeper enquiry
- Asking powerful questions
- Challenging a client's thinking constructively
- Broadening client perspectives
- Balancing client self-direction and effective progress
- Supportive enquiry that makes clients feel heard and understood
- Building confidence and encouraging development
- Choosing tools appropriate for the client/employee and their purpose
- Motivating a client/employee for change
- Targeting appropriate pathways for coaching/mentoring
- Helping clients develop doable effective plans
- Following up to ensure plans are implemented and adapted
This workshop will help you by providing specific pathways for managing five different coaching situations that include:
- dealing with a conflict situation
- dealing with a challenging person
- developing skills in under-performers
- taking good performers to the next level
- making tough decisions
Day One (three role plays and one demonstration)
What is the coaching model and mandate
Demonstration and practise of the contracting phase of coaching
How to ask powerful questions and listen interactively
Demonstration of coaching for skills development
Day Two (three role plays and two demonstrations)
Manager’s role as a coach and mentor and how to do both
Issues facing managers and coaches
Practise session for coaching for skills development
Demonstration and practise for coaching a conflict
Seven Elements of Principled Negotiation
Demonstration and practise session for coaching about a challenge
Day Three (three role plays and discussions)
Dealing with Coaching Challenges (e.g. mental health issues, confidentiality or conflict of interest issues)
Coaching to enhance workplace performance
Maintaining momentum with a client over a long-term
Developing a coaching plan
How to set up a coaching practice
If you have any questions about this course, click here to contact us.
Registration & Payment
There are 3 ways to register. Click the one you want:
A $150 discount applies if you register for both the ADR and Advanced ADR Workshops at the same time.
A 15% discount will apply if 5 or more people register from the same organization.
A fee of 50% of the Workshop fee will be charged for cancellations made up to two weeks prior to the scheduled date for the workshop. The full fee will be charged for cancellations made less than two weeks prior to the workshop date or if participants fail to attend without notice.
A delegate substitution, with required prerequisites, is welcome, up to the workshop commencement date.
An administrative fee will be charged for a change in workshop dates of $250 + HST for the ADR Workshop, Advanced ADR Workshop, Become A Powerful Negotiator Workshop, Dealing With Difficult People Workshop, Mastering Difficult Conversations in Elder Care Workshop and Coaching For A Better Workplace, $500 + HST for the Applied ADR Workshop, and $150 + HST for the Winning Over Irate Customers Workshop, if the change is made in the 8 weeks before the workshop.