CAD $1,750.00 + HST = $1,977.50
Do you find yourself:
- Looking for real world coaching practice?
- Wanting one-on-one mentoring on your coaching skills?
- Seeking better ways to coach and mentor people effectively?
- Wondering how to hone your coaching skills and build your confidence as a coach?
- Needing tips on providing effective structured coaching?
- Feeling frustrated with your ability to manage and direct a coaching session?
- Looking for better ways to identify your clients’ goals in coaching sessions?
- Having to help others deal with conflict?
- Having difficulty managing strong emotions in your coaching conversations?
Do you want:
- Better coaching skills?
- More organization and structure in your approach to coaching and mentoring conversations?
- Your clients to develop a good working rapport with you when you coach them?
- To help your coaching clients build greater capacity?
- Your coaching and mentoring to actually effect change?
- To learn better ways to motivate your employees to enhance performance?
- To better explore and shift your client’s perspectives in meaningful ways?
- Tools and templates to hone your learning as a coach?
Who Should Attend
Managers, team leaders, human resource professionals, consultants, lawyers, union representatives, educators, counsellors, ombuds personnel, mediators, coaching professionals and others will all benefit from this workshop.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to improve their practical ability to coach others to:
- improve performance,
- deal with conflicts,
- make effective decisions; or
- reach their maximum potential.
In this Coaching Practicum, you will learn to:
- Apply the practical seven step Progress Model of Coaching to a variety of real world clients and their problems;
- Use your coaching skills and the tools and templates from Coaching for a Better Workplace Workshop to be a better coach;
- Handle single session and multi-session coaching assignments
- Get the most from your clients and employees by building on their potential;
- Refine the critical competencies required by an effective coach;
- Learn from your own coaching experiences and from the one-on-one mentoring of our instructors;
- Have more effective coaching conversations;
- Develop your suite of approaches and questions designed to develop deeper understanding and critical thinking skills;
- Improve your ability to help clients craft concrete action plans;
- Hone a variety of coaching tools and techniques appropriate to the person and issue;
- Analyze options with real clients and encourage the selection of durable options;
- Develop ways to get even reluctant individuals to buy into the coaching/mentoring process;
- Keep clients on track and follow through so that doable plans are implemented;
- Identify and target client progress.
Coaching skills we develop in this workshop include:
- Your ability to make nuanced effective coaching choices;
- Identifying a client's goals and concerns
- Active listening/deeper enquiry
- Asking powerful questions
- Challenging a client's thinking constructively
- Broadening client perspectives
- Balancing client self-direction and effective progress
- Supportive enquiry that makes clients feel heard and understood
- Building confidence and encouraging development
- Choosing tools appropriate for the client/employee and their purpose
- Motivating a client/employee for change
- Targeting appropriate pathways for coaching/mentoring
- Helping clients develop doable effective plans
- Following up to ensure plans are implemented and adapted
This workshop will help you by providing:
- An opportunity to coach multiple clients on real world issues
- Timely direct feedback on your coaching skills from an expert
- Self-development tools and approaches that will last you a lifetime
- Focused planning and review of real coaching sessions on a variety of topics
- More practical tools for use in coaching and mentoring
During the practicum, you will:
- coach at least 5 different clients of your choosing on real world issues within a flexible time frame of 2 years or less at your own pace;
- coach for at least 15 logged hours in total;
- coach at least 2 of those clients for consecutive coaching sessions;
- receive 3.5 hours of direct one-on-one mentoring on your coaching skills from one of our experienced coaching instructors, in a variety of formats as you progress through your coaching sessions;
- receive templates and materials to guide your development as a coach;
- one coaching session will be videotaped for instructor review and feedback.
Practicum coaching sessions do not need to be paid sessions.
Coaching during the Coaching for a Better Workplace Workshop does not count towards the practicum requirements.
Prerequisites for Registration in the Practicum
To commence the practicum, you are required to have already completed our:
- Our Coaching for a Better WorkplaceWorkshop;
- Our Online Negotiation Course;
- Our Online Difficult Conversations Course; and
- At least one of the following workshops:
o ADR, Become a Powerful Negotiator, or Dealing With Difficult People
These prerequisites are designed to give you greater proficiency with many of the tools that you can use as a coach in your sessions. We recommend that you complete all required courses for the Advanced Certificate in Workplace Coaching as early in the practicum as possible, to maximize the tools available for you to practice.
If you have any questions about this course, click here to contact us.
Registration & Payment
Please fill out our printable form and fax it to 416-307-0011.
Registration Form( PDF Format)
A 15% discount will apply if 5 or more people register from the same organization.
A fee of $300 will be charged for cancellations made less than two weeks prior to the first scheduled Mentoring Session.
50% of the Workshop fee will be charged for cancellations made after the first scheduled Mentoring Session.
100% of the Workshop fee will be charged for cancellations made after the second scheduled Mentoring Session.
The number of hours allocated for a missed Mentoring Call will be deducted from the total mentoring time for sessions cancelled within 24 hours or if a participant fails to call in at scheduled time without notice.
An administrative fee will be charged for an extension beyond the 24 months to complete the practicum of $150 + HST
Payment in full must be submitted prior to the assignment of a Mentor for the registrant to begin the practicum.
Payment can be made by credit card, certified cheque or company/personal cheque.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this workshop. Please contact us to learn more about upcoming dates and locations.